Saturday, March 14, 2015

Woolen Baskets .... and some pillows!



Gail came over this morning to stitch for a couple of hours. We decided to do some handwork so I pulled out this little project started last fall. It is a woolen table mat with a light background and appliqued flower baskets - perfect for this spring weather we seem to be experiencing - knock on wood!




I'm making my way around the leaves and flowers.




Stems and more leaves will be added in due course.


I think this will look nice on the Easter table!

I've made a few pillows lately. This first one began with a scrap of polar bear fabric. Strips were added from my stash to create a fun winter pillow. It now lives with my daughter at her apartment.


I made the Union Jack pillow in celebration of my younger daughter's class trip to England. She landed this morning in London. I'm so excited for her! I used my math skills to figure out the piecing. Who said we'd never use math again???


The last one was made for my friend's January birthday. I selected a number of bright scraps from my stash, many from the Bonnie & Camille collection. I made it using a quilt-as-you-go method. I'm quite pleased with the result...and so is she!

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Thanks for the fun morning of stitching!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love love your pillows! I love doing quilt as you go for small projects too! It really adds a lot to project!

CathieJ said...

You made some beautiful pillows. This math teacher thanks you for using your math. I can't tell you how many times I hear that my students will never use their math. Sigh.

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful pillows... they make the perfect gift!